Saturday, March 07, 2009

How Important Is Your Roof?

Thanks that wonderful hail storm Yukon recently received Dana must purchase an new roof! HAPPY! Thankfully I had tuck away my income tax due to the horrible economy, just thought it would be a good idea to have a little nest egg saved. That nest egg has just been turned into a nest ovum.

Because my roof was nine or ten years old when I bought my house, I did not qualify for full replace cost on my roof with my insurance. So I got $2,800 check for what will probably be a $5,500 bill. I am a little excited to change the look of my white/grey shingles to dark hickory shingles. I've always thought the roof looked a little on the cheap side, so now I will be able to get that fixed.

In a month or so, the only thing original at my place will be the dirt! Not bad for four years.

No comments: