Monday, June 30, 2008

No Thank You Easter Bunny

Bunny Rabbit shivers by fence waiting for us to leave her backyard. You know, when I moved ten minutes from Oklahoma City, I really didn't think that I was moving to a place very different than the city. Four years since I have learned to think nothing of frogs in my house, suicidal birds who allow themselves to be caught by the resident beagle and KILLED nor have I even thought much about the crazy bunny who claims the backyard when Winston is inside. That is until Saturday when I had to go outside and extract her from Winston's mouth! Then I had to wipe the bunny fur from his mouth.

Somehow this crazy bunny didn't think she could get out of the backyard and froze by the gate. Winston and I stood inside the house and watched her for at least ten minutes - I wanted to make sure she wasn't hurt. She would not move, she was so scared. Let me give anyone considering moving to Yukon, don't mistake it for the city and don't get a homicidal beagle!

By the way, why do dogs roll in dead? Winston got an impromptu bath this weekend after rolling all over a decomposing baby bird. Give me the city-life!

No comments: