Sunday, December 23, 2007

I am almost DONE!

The week after Thanksgiving we began tearing out everything in my itty bitty bathroom. It's only 35 square feet or 5 feet by 7 feet - little! You would think that with it so small that three weeks later it would be done. Nope! Not done, I still have to seal the grout and the shower doors need to be installed. Then I need to figure out how to finish it out with pretty things.

We had a few hiccups. Dad fell on the ice during that record ice storm and broke a rib. He lived with the pain not knowing what it was and thought it was bronchitis cause it only hurt when he coughed. Mom sent him to the doctor and we found out what it was. The doctor told him not to pick up anything heavy for a month. So no more work on the bathroom.

During the install, we learned the light and mirror I pick out where bad choices so we returned the light and got a new one and I had a decorative mirror in my hallway that was perfect for the bathroom.

My toilet wasn't going to be replaced but it got broke when dad reinstalled it - he thinks it was due to an unlevel spot in the floor. So I was going to have to buy a new one but the pack rat that my father is, he had a perfectly good toilet in his attic when bought a new tall toilet for his master bath. So....that was free. [Who keeps toilets in their attic????]

I love the tile but it does look a little bit castle-ie. But hey, I am a princess right? The tile work was exhausting, poor dad would work 5 hours and only get two rows up due to all the cutting that was required. When the doors are in and the decorations are up it will be fantastic.

There are no more major renovations to do to the house that we can do. Next will be to have drive way repaved. Wooo Hooo! Merry Christmas all!

No comments: